Friday, December 21, 2012

Shoes for 30 Little Feet!

What are 30 little active feet at Beacon of Hope Orphanage always needing?
SHOES!!!

One way you can help out the kids at the orphanage I will be visiting in February is by donating shoes.  What kinds of shoes does Beacon of Hope need?  I'm glad you asked! We need kids shoes sizes 9-1.  Shoes can be new or used as long at they're in good shape.  The Philippines is in the tropics so flip flops, crocs, tennis shoes and other active closed toed shoes are perfect!  Due to location and kids activities we do not need dress shoes or cold weather shoes. 

Getting the shoes to me is where this gets fun depending on your location!
  • Orange County Locals: You can drop them off at Kingsfield Church or contact me and I'll happily pick them up from you.
  • Durham, NC and surrounding areas: You can give them to my parents or grandparents and we will arrange for their shipment to CA.  Also I will be visiting from Dec 29th-Jan 16th if your shoes are ready to go contact me and we'll arrange a pick up or drop off point!
  • Other Locations: You can send them in the mail to my church with a note inside that it is for the Philippines trip.  Kingsfield Church 27111 Aliso Creek Rd Ste. 100 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Please make all donations by February 1st so I can prepare them for the trip to the their new little owners. Thanks in advance for all your help!

If you would like to make any monetary donations to help cover my trip costs you can do so securely online here.  On the donation site choose "Team member travel expenses" and put my name in the memo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment