Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Square One


Starting over...well I think I prefer to say starting at square one.  That's exactly where I am right now with regards to what I'm doing in my life.  It's a good place to be though the uncertainty of where square two is makes me feel a bit nervous.  Now that I'm recovered from adrenal fatigue I find that I am sitting at home most days and it just feels like I'm spinning my wheels. I've been praying for the past month about what to do next.  I want to be a Mom but I have no idea how long it will be until that desire becomes a reality.  Considering that in reality it may be some time before we actually start our family sitting at home and spinning my wheels until it happens does not seem like a wise idea.  So I'm back to square one.  I don't want to pursue a career because in the end I want to be a stay at home Mom. I need a position where people are not depending on me long term.  Working at a retail store also does not fit because I want to be around for David and those jobs typically entail working nights and weekends.  I need something with day time week day hours that is not long term. 

At first I was thinking in the direction of working administration for a non profit or something along those lines.  And then as I was sitting in Costco enjoying some frozen yogurt I saw this absolutely adorable elderly couple pushing a cart together.  They both looked like they were in their 90's and the man had a brace on his leg.  They were moving at a very slow pace and he was obviously in much pain.  I thought to myself people like that should have someone to help them!  I mean it's fantastic that they are still doing their shopping at Costco independently but on days when a person is in terrible pain someone should be available to help them.  So that gave me the desire to also see if there are opportunities locally for me to help any elderly people who need some simple assistance like shopping and cooking and conversation.  To that end I've made an appointment with our new pastor to see if he may know of anyone in the area who needs an extra hand.  Be praying that God shows me where he is at work and how I can join in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment